A classic flavour combination, this apple and cinnamon chia seed porridge recipe is topped with cashew and cocoa, making this chocolaty-nutty cameo rich with Omega undeniably delicious and incredibly nutritious.
Serves: 1 to 2
Preparation: 5 minutes
Set Time: 10 minutes
- 1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds
- 1 Apple (de-cored and diced)
- 2 teaspoon raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon ground Linseeds / Flaxseeds (+ extra for topping)
- Almond (or other milk alternative to cover as directed)
- Cashew nut, Almond or Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp Cocoa nibs
- Blitz apple chunks with a dash of cold water, honey and cinnamon in a food processor or high speed blender such as a Nutribullet.
- In a breakfast bowl add the chia, linseeds and mix thoroughly together. Add the apple mix and again mix well.
- Pour enough milk into the bowl to cover the entire mix and then dust the top with a thin layer of ground Linseeds.
- Top with a heaped tsp of nut butter and a sprinkling of cocoa nibs.
- Leave the bowl to set for 10 minutes before diving in! Enjoy!
The Philosophy behind my Nutritional Approach and Recipes: All recipes come from my delicious detox (cleansing) philosophy. Daily cleansing dishes that are not only nutritious but most importantly delicious as well. I have created these recipes over the years using the naturally ‘good for you’ foods that I LOVE to eat on a daily basis and have been approved for convenience and taste countless times by my clients who continue to eat this way on a daily basis to look and feel healthy!
The ingredients are naturally jam-packed with goodness including antioxidants for immune health and anti-aging, vitamins and minerals for balanced metabolism, proteins for blood sugar balance and fat burning and fibre for overall digestive and heart health.
Each recipe is naturally free from wheat, gluten, refined sugars and heavily processed ingredients.