Perfectly fitting for a cool Autumn day, warm up with a pumpkin and ginger soup served with German Rye or Sourdough bread, or a side of roasted vegetables for a lower carbohydrate option.
Serves: 3 to 4
Cook Time: 45-50mins
- 1 white onion – finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon organic butter
- 2 Tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 fresh red chili (thinly sliced) – optional
- 1 medium pumpkin or large butternut squash – peeled, deseeded and diced
- 2 litres organic vegetable stock (2 stock cubes in 2 litres water)
- Black pepper
- Himalayan pink salt
- Thick organic Greek yogurt
- Fresh parsley (optional)
- Red chili flakes (optional)
- In a large soup pan, melt the butter and a 1 teaspoon of water.
- Add the onions, garlic, ginger and chilli and sauté until fragrant and the onions soften.
- Add the 2L of vegetable stock followed by the chunks of pumpkin (squash). The stock water should cover the pumpkin pieces by 1 inch. If it does not, add more water to meet this mark.
- Add ½ tsp salt and a generous sprinkling of black pepper.
- Bring the stock to the boil, then reduce to simmer, ensuring the water level does not evaporate to the point the pumpkin catches on the bottom of the pan for 20-30mins NB: The soup thickness will be to your preference – you control the water content as it cooks. Once the pumpkin is soft and mushy, remove from the stove and allow to cool a little.
- When temperature has reduced to warm, blend the mix with a hand whisk or transfer to a food processor to create a smooth and silky soup.
- If serving immediately reheat the desired amount of soup on the stove top, serve in a soup bowl, topped with a dollop of thick Greek yogurt, chili flakes and parsley (optional) and a side of seedy German Rye or freshly baked sour dough.
The Philosophy behind my Nutritional Approach and Recipes: All recipes come from my delicious detox (cleansing) philosophy. Daily cleansing dishes that are not only nutritious but most importantly delicious as well. I have created these recipes over the years using the naturally ‘good for you’ foods that I LOVE to eat on a daily basis and have been approved for convenience and taste countless times by my clients who continue to eat this way on a daily basis to look and feel healthy!
The ingredients are naturally jam-packed with goodness including antioxidants for immune health and anti-aging, vitamins and minerals for balanced metabolism, proteins for blood sugar balance and fat burning and fibre for overall digestive and heart health.
Each recipe is naturally free from wheat, gluten, refined sugars and heavily processed ingredients.