When the snack attacks hit hard, it pays to reach for something not only delicious but also nutritious. Served with corn thins, rice cakes or carrot sticks, this quick and easy guacamole dip is a perfect snack with healthy fats to keep the hunger pangs at bay.
- 1 ripe avocado, flesh removed from stone and skin and diced into small chunks
- 1 medium tomato, or 6 cherry tomatoes roughly chopped
- 1/2 spring onion finely sliced
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Himalayan salt and ground black pepper to season
- ½ tsp finely chopped red chilli (optional)
- Mash avocado roughly with mash with a fork until semi-smooth. Then mix in all other ingredients and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve with corn thins, oat or rice cakes or carrot or celery sticks for a lower carb option.
- Serves 2-3. If making for one person, squeeze extra lemon juice on the leftovers and keep in the fridge (ideally no more than 24 hours).
The Philosophy behind my Nutritional Approach and Recipes: All recipes come from my delicious detox (cleansing) philosophy. Daily cleansing dishes that are not only nutritious but most importantly delicious as well. I have created these recipes over the years using the naturally ‘good for you’ foods that I LOVE to eat on a daily basis and have been approved for convenience and taste countless times by my clients who continue to eat this way on a daily basis to look and feel healthy!
The ingredients are naturally jam-packed with goodness including antioxidants for immune health and anti-aging, vitamins and minerals for balanced metabolism, proteins for blood sugar balance and fat burning and fibre for overall digestive and heart health.
Each recipe is naturally free from wheat, gluten, refined sugars and heavily processed ingredients.