Continuing with our series on delicious recipes for Krinos Goat Milk Feta Cheese, Toronto contributor, Elizabeth Raybould shares the secret to spicing up Zucchini fritters.
Zucchini and Feta Fritters
Zucchini fritters can be boring, stoggy, heavy, and oily, but these are quite the opposite. These fritters are light and airy, flavourful, and a bit addictive. They are baked in the oven so you need not worry about frying anything, and with zucchini in season, you can make these at a dime a dozen! Ps. these fritters are also grain-free, so no digestive upset or bloating over here!
- 2 tbsp fresh Dill, finely chopped
- 1 Garlic clove
- 2 Zucchinis, grated
- 2 Eggs, large
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 3/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1 cup Krinos Goat Feta cheese
- Place grated zucchini in a mesh strainer over a bowl. Sprinkle with salt, stir to evenly distribute it. Let the zucchini sit like that or 20 minutes, so they can release liquid.
- After 20 minutes squeeze out as much liquid out of the zucchini as you can.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a bowl combine drained zucchini, black pepper, garlic, olive oil, baking powder, dill, eggs, feta cheese and almond flour.
- Shape about 2 tbsp patties and place them on the baking sheet, leaving some space in between.
- Bake at 350 F until golden – for 20-30 minutes
You must be logged in to post a comment.