Do you love to write and share your stories? Are you a foodie? Do you love to travel and share your adventures? Do you have delicious recipes you want to share or have a personal blog you want to grow?
We’re always looking to expand our team of contributors, share more voices and unique stories.
More Than Food is an online magazine founded in 2013 in South Africa to bring together real people sharing straight-forward, honest opinions on topics like food, drink, travel, entertainment, lifestyle and more. Since then, we’ve grown quite a lot!
Now, we have:
- Over 45 regular contributors based across 16 cities in countries like South Africa, Canada, Vietnam, the USA, and more traveling the world;
- Over 14,000 members on our newsletter;
- Thousands of unique users visiting our website every month; and,
- Thousands of followers on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
With this foundation, we’re looking to continue to expand our publication globally.
Our vision for More Than Food remains the same – to build a community of actively engaged contributors and readers sharing their stories and experiences.
The opportunity to write for More Than Food is not a paid writing position. Everyone involved currently contributes to MTF on a voluntary basis because we believe in the community we’re building. We want to maintain our editorial integrity; we won’t publish pieces just cause it could earn us dough, we’re all about Real People, Real Talk after all 😉
What we require:
- Submitted articles must be original content. We do not re-publish work that has been written on your own blog, business or other publications as this is considered duplicate content by Google and other search engines;
- Submit minimum one original article per month (some of our regular contributor submit bi-weekly, some submit weekly; it’s really up to each contributor and their schedules and enthusiasm to write).
Why become a contributor to More Than Food?
Well, there are a variety of reasons, here’s a few:
- Have your work published on a highly engaged community-focused platform;
- Be part of our growing community of contributors around the world;
- Build your writing portfolio, grow your own blog, have your work reach a wider audience, drive traffic to your website and social channels;
- Get access to some of the most exclusive events through MTF; everything from trying out new restaurants and bars, to music festivals and media launch parties to art exhibitions.
- You love your city and want to share it with the world
- You’re passionate about writing and want to share your stories and experiences
The main reason to get involved with More Than Food is simple. The written word is a freeing, creative platform and this is your outlet.
Interested? Complete our online application.
It should only take 15-20mins, easy-peasy! This gives us the opportunity to see if working together will be a good fit.
Our team reviews contributor applications on a rolling basis, so it might take some time to get back to you as we try to find the best fit for our projects. We’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
If you have any questions, send them over to our Managging Editor, Darren Meltz at firstname.lastname@example.org. He’d be happy to answer them. Thanks for taking the time to consider joining our team. We look forward to reviewing your application!